Monday, July 16, 2012

The Lonley Hearts Club ♡


I am still reeling after the absolutely amazing performance last night by the UK's Marina and The Diamonds. After a month of anticipation I finally saw her with my good friend Alice and it turned out to be a perfect evening of great music & dancing. It also gave me a great opportunity to wear out an old Wilfred shirt-dress that I've had hanging in my closet for ages.

I wish I had combed my fringe before taking these photos... whoops!

 Dress // Aritzia // Necklace // USED House of Vintage // Bag // Vintage (borrowed)

Here's what my super stylish art-school friend Alice wore, her blog is here

 Dress // Gentle Fawn // Bag, Shoes & Scarf // Spank

Unfortunately, my camera battery died early on in the show, right before the second costume change. However, I did get few good photos. The show was held at the Commodore Ballroom on granville with a surprisingly small turn out so we managed to sneak in incredibly close to the stage. My camera dying may have been a bit of a blessing as it allowed me to really enjoy the rest of the performance and not focus on getting a good shot. The the second half of the show will for ever be in the camera of my mind...





Marina & The Diamonds is an incredible performer, especially live, with great personal style. I truly hope she comes back to Vancouver soon. If you haven't already checked out her music and new album 'Electra Heart' do so immediately, she's delightful!
xoxox



No comments:

 

Bloglovin

Follow Mini Crini

Independent Fashion Bloggers

Ask Me