Friday, February 11, 2011

Long Live McQueen

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the loss of the fashion industries most eccentric genius. It also marks the beginning of the bastardization of his label, McQueen rugs anyone? 
However, my displeasure with the line now aside, I truly miss Alexander McQueen. Although I can't quote him as the reason I decided to embark on my adventure into the fashion industry as so many can. Most, fashion students who likely never heard his name until he died and aren't familiar with anything more than is most recent few collections. Vivenne Westwood is the woman who did that. But, McQueen is still one of my greatest inspirations and represents all that I love about fashion, art and Britain. While Parisian fashion is often described as classic, elegant, chic only one word comes to mind with British fashion, rebellion. Alexander McQueen was just that, the fashion world's rebel.  
With the fashion weeks beginning words cannot express the gigantic void his passing has left in the fashion world.


Long Live Alexander Lee McQueen.

 

Bloglovin

Follow Mini Crini

Independent Fashion Bloggers

Ask Me